[T3] Talk about rain

My car sat idle last two days, uncovered, in the POUNDING rain here in L.A. Everything held up
pretty damn well, except....

I continue to have problems on my passenger side door area. First time I hit the brakes
a gush of water came out of somewhere (in the door sill area)...later to find it was squirting
out the one uncapped lower door hinge holes whenever the momentum changed.
Where is this water stored? How did it get in there and how do I get it out?

Thanks,
Dave in L.A.