Re: [T3] T-III tach conversation - compressed

On 12 Feb 2003 at 19:30, Keith Park wrote:

> Just my thoughts...  Jim Russ and others that were familiar with the
> original accessories,  you ever see any that you knew were T3 and had the
> needle cap under the center disc??

I don't know. I've never actually seen one. I just remember seeing the VDO ads
in the back of Road & Track around 70-73 and saw that they sold one
specifically for type 3s. In 72 the ads changed to show 2 versions (black or
grey faced), then later the gray faced one disappeared from the ads.

I have always assumed that these were very good matches to the OE gauges and
that they had the exact same mounting clips. I still don't know any of this for
sure, but I'm willing to believe that the fact that there are good matching VDO
tachs out there with the "normal" style of type 3 mounting clips makes this a
reasonable conclusion.

IIRC, the price on all of these was $79.95. I was VERY tempted, but it was way
more than I could afford at the time.

--
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org