Re: [T3] 009 can o worms and other dizzy stuff

JohnB=> what about the 009 in a T3 engine?
=> are the problems as pronounced with the
=> T3 setup?

The Bus needs more low-end torque, where the 009 is weakest, so I imagine
the problem is more pronounced there, but it's still a problem on Type 3s as
well and I'd never use one again. On the other hand, if you just need to get
by until you find the right distributor, the 009 is easy, cheap and
convenient.

I haven't seen anyone mention that putting a Type 3-configured engine into a
Type 2 should involve extensive modification of the cooling air path. A
simple, unmodified installation will likely cause overheat death of this
engine in pretty short order, as it will be pulling its cooling air off the
exhaust. This is a much bigger problem than the distributor. How do you plan
to address it?

Steven Ayres, Prescott AZ
'66 Grosse Karmann