Re: [T3] Type2 on Type 3

2/12/2003 6:34:34 AM, Greg Merritt <gregm@vwtype3.org> wrote:

Bit of clarification here, since I actually know something!  And this is
for US-spec Vanagons, dunno for sure what they put in the Euro-spec
aircooleds..

>Vanagon (T3 Type 2) '80ish - ninety-something
>	o aircooled type 4 pancake engine for first several years

1980-1983

>	o watercooled pancake thereafter

1983-1985 - 1.9L   1986-1993 - 2.1L

(if you find a W/C Vanagon in a wrecking yard, they have 1.25 ratio
rocker arms that fit our engines)

>	o pqncake diesels in there somewhere

It's the "rabbit" upright diesel, laid over to fit the Vanagon engine bay.