[T3] T-III tach conversation - compressed

I have tried to pull together the Tach thread from
recent posts (for my own reference and to make this
excellent history more widely available).  I was
pretty quick about editing together the conversations.
 If there are suggestions or other additions send them
in!

http://www.vwtype3.anomalous.net/T3tachs.htm

two things, I credited all contributors and included
your sign-offs/e-mails as you have them on the list.
I am asking permission (Keith, Russ, Daniel, Jim
Freddy, Everett, dave rosso ...etc)  to include them
online as listed in the mailing list.  If you would
not like those included in this posting let me know,
and I will gladly remove it. (Same for use of the
pictures used as examples, which I have included for
this purpose).

Second, Daniel I included a photo you took/referenced
back in October of 3 tach's side by side.  The T-34
tab (w/silver center), the Gossen (As Keith stated),
and a black face?? is this a VDO accessory for the
late model T-3.

Regards,
-John
69 fastbacks (both currently tach-less)