Re: [T3] Hooking up a Sapphire Playtape I

<x-flowed>At 5:38 PM -0700 2/9/03, Earthman? wrote:
Greg, do you have a model number? I have a couple stacks of old Sams

PA8MV seems to be the model number.

Did it come with any 'playtapes'? If these are what I think they

Nope, but they seem to go for a couple of bucks apiece on eBay for tested, good ones by lesser artists. NIB tapes and very popular artists, such as the Fab 4, go for more.

I have the player more as a novelty to put in a B*g for shows. I hope it works; if so, I'll seek out music titles that I like so that I can listen to them as I drive. If the player is broken, I'll probably get a tape to put in the player and a couple for the parcel tray and tunnel console, just as a conversation piece for the fun of it.

This also lets me rotate the B*g's old AM/FM (but non-dealer) radio into the '69 Squareback for long drives and trips. The Square's original Sapphire is AM-only, and I often give up before I find something I want to listen to!

Thanks!
-Greg