Re: [T3] Apparently pressure sensors are important...

On 6 Feb 2003 at 20:40, Hugh Lawrence wrote:

> Well, it looks like I have:
>
> D brain

A 71 part, possibly the best year for the FI.

> B PS (and a second one which I insist is completely unlabeled; it is
> distinguished by having a plastic black cap about the size of a 2-liter soda
> bottle cap on the rear side of it)

The B PS is a 68-9 part.

The black plastic cap identifies it as the 72-3 style, but until you find some
part numbers, there is no way to know if it is even a VW part. This system was
also used by Mercedes, Volvo, Saab, Peugeot, even Toyota (but only in Japan)
.... Look at the unit. It has 2 halves held together by 4 screws. The part #
should be stamped into the aluminum on the larger half on one of the circular
surfaces near the split. It may be up under the mounting plate. That surface
should just look like a smooth die casting; or does yours look like someone
sandblasted it, or took a file to it?

> E style (2 nipple) distributor

You could use this with the D brain if you leave the vacuum retard disconnected
and time it like a 71.

> E style 5 pin TVS

Only good with the 72-3 FI.

You also obviously have the 72-3 FI wiring harness, so this will keep you from
installing the 4-pin TVS.

I'd say that getting an E brain would be your best option. You will need to
figure out the part # for the late PS that you have and if you're lucky it will
be the one you need.

I probably have any parts you need.