Re: [T3] Hinge removal... help!

On 4 Feb 2003 at 16:33, Darvin Gomez wrote:

> My problem is that I am having trouble taking off the hinge part where the
> tension-spring rod goes through it.  This is the hinge part that is is
> closest to the front of the car.

I think you will need to peel free the headliner at the rear of the roof to
expose the springs. You will need a carefully selected pry bar and an assistant
chosen for his strength and trustworthyness. This is where things can get
gritty. One person uses the pry bar to take the tension off, while the other
one guides the parts out of there. Don't let anything slip and remove a finger.

A prybar with a bit of a lip or hook on the end is advisable, so that the
spring can't slip off the end.

BE CAREFUL!