[T3] Mudflaps, was: Ebay Speedo

<x-flowed>

Neil wrote:

The interesting thing is that the black flaps have M code of M290, which was
available only in The Netherlands.

Not only the Netherlands, but also Norway, even though it was not included in the M-codes. Mudflaps were compulsory (sp?) on all cars up to 1983 here. Based on this, I had a look at the M-list in the electronic parts catalogue. What I did find here is that M290 goes up to VIN 311 2 108457 (for NL), but after that they got a new M-code, M74, from VIN 311 2 108458 up, and no NL marking.

I have mudflaps on my car, but they are not the type 3 kind. They are from a Vanagon, they are by the Votex company, which is VW's own aftermarket company. The mudflaps I have are for the Vanagon and have a nice Wolfsburg symbol on them (stamped white on black rubber). I do need to get me a new set, if they are still available.

PerL
73 Variant L