Re: [T3] automatic drive plate lock

> BTW, I think the use of bolts to hold the wheels on rather than nuts and
> studs is a bit dumb. I can't think of any advantage, and it makes putting
> them on and taking them off more difficult.

I suppose the threads could get damaged by the wheel and make it harder to fit
the nuts.  Later wheels that have a locating centre are easier to fit.  If the
car isn't too high, it's easier to fit as you can line it up on the ground and
move the drum/disc until a hole lines up.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/
------