Re: [T3] Type 3 Selecta

>Hey guys, I'm hoping that you can help me out. I'm looking for source
>material for the Type 3 Selecta that I'm working on.
>
>If you don't know what a Selecta is, there is one for a Bug and a Bus, and
>Porsche here:
>
>http://www.busselecta.com
>
>I can't for the life of me find my Bentley Manual. I know it has some good
>artwork on it, but damn it! I can't find it anywhere. Since the move, I
>can't find quite a few things. Hmmmmm maybe it's in the trunk of the Notch.
>;-) (I found some tires in there that were missing from two years ago.)
>
>Anyway, I'm looking for some good source artwork for the Selecta. It doesn't
>have to be great quality, but I need some profiles of a Square, Notch, and a
>Fasty. Both pre-69 and post-70. I will need to redraw it anyway, since it
>has to be vector artwork (digital line art).
>
>If you find artwork for the Type 3 Ghia or SP-2, or the Fridolin (sp?), that
>would be cool too.
>
>So, If you have anything, send it my way. Good web links will work as well.
>
>I'm enclosing a link of what I'm after:
>
>http://www.volkshaus.com/images/typ3/selecta/fastback_sideview.jpg

Hey Phil -

This is a really cool site.  A Type 3 version would be awesome.  I am
willing to help generate some of the artwork.  I am proficient in Adobe
Illustrator.  I should have a vector version of the Fastback and Squareback
from the cover of the Bentley around here somewhere.  I created them for
some art for my website.  See my site here for what I am taking about:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jaransonT3/jaransonT3/CompositesPage.html

I also have a scale drawing of a 68 Square from a Road & Track article from
68.  Would still need to redraw this one.

Check out this site everyone.  It is really neat.

I will dig through my files for the artwork i already ahve.  Let me know how
you want to proceed.

Later,
John Jaranson
'71 FI AT Fasty (Jane - Darkside Project)
'66 Square (Sophy - Daily Driver)
About Half a Late Square (Organ Donor)
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jaransonT3/jaransonT3/
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jaransonT3/notavwclub/