Re: [T3] SP-2 air cleaner round-up

On Sun, 2003-12-14 at 21:16, Jason Weigel wrote:
> Find photos here:
>
> http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/2789089/1071567449368_MVC_012S.JPG
> http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/2789089/1069546005591_MVC_011S.JPG
> http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/2789089/1069546005591_MVC_011S.JPG
> http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/2789089/1070639429142_MVC_009S.JPG
>
> Ok here is the air cleaner round-up. Last one first for Bob is the Brazilian
> Brosal
> dual carb, paper type(replaceable) air filter for the T3. Mine has the
> original filter with VW/Audi PN on it. These filters made there way into
> this country (USA) via companies like Bill & Steves. They were part of the
> Brosal dual carb package. As most of you know Brosal copied Solex and
> repoped the T3 carb. Or Brosal is the south american version of Solex.
>
> First shot is of the narrow and wide air cleaners I was refering to earlier
> and the stem of this thread. They are identicle and are both made by Knecht
> which leads me to thing they are German in origin.

Jason,
I hope you don't mind, but I moved a copy of those photo's over to the
gallery on my web site.
As for the air filter, has anyone checked with a dealer for them. If all
else fails, they were probably made by one of our parent companies
subsidiaries. One of the Mahle group, and I can see if I can locate
them.

--
Russ Wolfe
'66 FB MT