Re: [T3] 2110cc Pics

On 14 Dec 2003 at 19:17, Keith Park wrote:

> One thing I may point out... having the full flow connected to the hottest
> part of the engine will transfer heat to where you dont want it, if this
> mount is aluminum the problem will be really bad.

I'd also worry about the filter seal ring melting after shutdown.

> How did you tap into the oil system with 2 hoses right next to each other?
> Berg and others go though hoops to pick off one of the lines from the
> pump.... is this a special case or mod?

I REALLY like this, assuming there's enough beef in the case to do this. It
wouldn't be too hard to step drill the plug in the back end and tap that hole
for a threaded plug, drill and tap two holes as shown in the side, clean
everything out and then tap a suitable ball bearing down against the step so
that it blocks off the passage between the two ports you've made.

I just wonder how much material there is for those threads....