[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [New Search]

[T3] GEN problem SOLVED! (I hope)

Woo hoo!

So I pulled out the old new used Bosch rebuilt gen., installed the new new
Bosch rebuilt gen, everything working just great.

Upon inspection of the old one under fluorescent light I could see that the
black wire that straddles the 2 thick red insulated cables was worn through
its insulation because it was sloppily installed and rubbing against the
field windings. A little more poking proved that it was BROKEN!

This is good news to me, since it hopefully points out that this problem
wasn't symptomatic of a larger problem like my DF wire having a mysterious
intermittent somewhere deep in the harness, or some weird thing with my
Voltage regulator. 

To play it safe, I'll be RE-inspecting the new one I just installed to
insure that that black wire is kept clear of the windings.

Now if I could just figure out why theres a half inch of water in the
driver's side footwell...I guess it means I did a good enough job sealing
the passenger side that its travelling on over.

By the way, my add-on Radio shack FM converter was on (doesn't have an
indicator light.) That may have been enough to drain an already taxed

Bad news is, I'm getting a rep for being the guy who could get ahead in life
if he wasn't always working on that car....

But I'll be happily driving it again, at least.

List info at http://www.vwtype3.org/list | mailto:gregm@vwtype3.org

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [New Search]