[T3] Rear Shocks Shock

Hi all,

I bought a pair of new rear shocks. They are Monroe gas shocks, catalogue
no. 31542, which I found on the Monroe on-line catalogue.

Now I'm trying to install them and they don't fit. They have a metal sleeve
in the lower loop that protrudes at both ends, whereas on the ones I removed
the sleeve only protrudes on one side. I have checked that they are the
right part, both according to the cataloguem anbd the number written on the
shock itself.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I cut off half of the sleeve? I
will get in touch with the Monroe distributor but frankly I'm not expecting
much as I got the part that I ordered. I need to be sure that their
catalogue is wrong which is basically why I am writing to the list.

Regards,

Daniel Baum
1969 Type 34 automatic
Email: daniel@type34.info