Re: [T3] Injector interchangability?

On 9 Dec 2003 at 0:04, David V.N. wrote:

> I think you would still want to consider where in the air distributor that
> the measurement is being taken.At the "mouth" of the distibutor the velocity
> would be greatest=high vac.Further in ,velocity would drop=lower vac.I believe
> that the port is centered where the air takes the turn into the runners.Move
> the port rearward(back to the rear of the car)=richer mixture and vice- versa.

There's probably a small effect from the position of the sensing port, but the
velocity in the IAD is fairly small, so I expect the effect to be small. The
vast majority of the pressure drop occurs between the outside world and the
front (front is front) of the venturi.

The pressure drop between the IAD and the combustion chamber is bound to be
significant, and this is the one big question mark in the problem.

I suspect that any pressure differential between different parts of the IAD is
insignificant but still finite. And the effect would be as you describe.

--
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org