Re: [T3] 6V Regulator

<x-flowed>Good lick getting one from Russ. He says he will sell you one but will never follow through to complete the transaction.

Russ Wolfe wrote:

On Sun, 2003-12-07 at 22:19, The Canadian wrote:

I've discovered that new 6V voltage regulators basically don't exist for our
cars.  Can one from a Beetle be adapted to work?

6V T-1 regulators are made top mount on top the generator. 6V T-3 mount
under the back seat like a 12V. You might try looking for a 1500 T-2 regulator. They mounted off to the
side, as the generator was larger. '64 thru '66 would work, I think.
If still can't find one, contact me off list. I might be able to let you
have the one from my '66 FB as I am converting to 12V. Mine was so new
when I got the car, the Bosch box was still laying there.
I also might have a used one.