RE: [T3] Injector interchangability?

On 12/5/2003 Jim Adney wrote:
> Hmmm.... Would this also be the correct relationship between pressure drop
> across the intake venturi and airflow thru it?

Yes. The relationship (Bernoulli's Equation if you're interested) holds for
a venturi too.

> If so then we should only increase the fuel pressure by a ratio equal to
> the
> square root of (new displacement/old displacement). Have I done that
> right?

Yes that should be right. But remember that it is a simplified view and I'd
add 10 - 15% on top of that and test it carefully for being too lean.
I'd think the biggest problem would be choking the flow at the IAD inlet.
Larger displacements and their demand for more air would tend to fool the PS
by creating a lower pressure, as the inlet would drop more pressure across
it, and the engine would run lean.
Just an opinion as I have never tried the mod myself nor have I spent the
time to crunch the numbers to see what the math would indicate.

Dave Moller