Re:[T3] Invasion

On 7 Dec 2003 at 5:53, TITEOCALLI@aol.com wrote:

> hey whats up people this is the BIG bad Mexican from San Fernando Valley
>
> You know, RAUL

Nice to hear from you again, Raul.

> I WENT TO THE 2002 INVASION.  I am SORRY that I haven't been arounf, but ever
> since my lil Organe Chicano Mobile starting having problems with the engine,
> I haven't been able to drive her around.  She retired for the momment in a
> garage, until I can raise enough money to buy a new engine.  She won't drive past
> 40mph and she over heats,

This doesn't sound like a problem that clearly requires a new engine. This
sounds something more like a much cheaper and easier problem, but it could be
hard on your engine if you don't get it fixed.

> I AM GOING TO HAVE TO PROBABLY PUT IN A WHOLE NEW ENGINE IN HER AND
> WHAT BETTER WAY THAN TO TEST IT OUT AND ADD A COUPLE THOUSAND MILES
> AFTER ITS BEEN PUT IN.

I don't think you really want to start out on a long journey with a fresh
engine. There are just too many things that you might have trouble with and a
long way from home is not the best place to discover them. Give yourself some
shakedown time near home before starting out on your trip.

I'd check the distributor and make sure the mech advance is working. These
commonly freeze up and fixing them makes a HUGE difference. I rebuild them for
$55, including return shipping but not major parts, if needed.

Other than that, there are carb and FI problems that could be to blame. Check
your distributor, then tell us which you have.

> PS:  PENN. IS FREAKING FAR!!!!!!!!!

You got that right! Just be glad you're not doing it on foot, horseback, or
covered wagon.   ;-).

> ABOUT HOW MANY DAYS DO I NEED TO TAKE OFF OF WORK TO DO THE TRIP, CAN
> SOMEBODY WHO CAME FROM THE EAST COAST TO THE 2002 INVASION TELL ME?

I'd suggest that it would be prudent to plan for 6 and hope for 5. I don't want
to get to Hershey and only to find out that a carload of our listees tried to
swap drivers and drive straight thru, only to fall asleep in Nebraska and get
killed. It happens.