Re: [T3] I'm back, and, of course a question!!

On 2 Dec 2003 at 23:15, tyrone@411collective.org wrote:

> But here's the scoop:  when I turn the key to the "on" position,  the two lights
> (oil and Gen) DON't go on!!!
>
> However,  when the car is started and running they are both ON!!!  And sometimes
> they will flicker or get brighter or dimmer as a drive,  but ultimately they
> stay on the whole time,  until I put the turn signal on and the "oil" light will
> flicker in time with the blinker!!!

There is a wire that carries switched 12V to the gauge cluster. My guess is
that this wire is not connected to the right thing, or it's just not connected
to anything.

> Also, two other minor questions:  First off, how is my engine timed,  it being
> the stock engine but with two new Weber 34's on it?

Once you change things like this you're pretty much on your own. A good
starting place is to time it like the engine that the distributor came with.
What distributor do you have?

--
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org