RE: [T3] '67 Ignition switch problems

Check

http://www.hoopes.net/dan/square/current.html

again for some more annotated pics I just barely put up.

Looking at my new pics, you'll notice that I pushed the pic out that Everett
mentions below, but I still don't see anywhere a spring would go.  Anyone
ever seen a beetle or other cylinder that has anything to do with this that
might give me some avenues to go down.  For example, if anyone ever saw that
a "return to run position" spring was kept in the keyed lock cylinder part,
then I might have to do some drilling, but I don't want to go that route
unless that's actually something VW did.

So, if I'm understanding right, I should be able to use the continuity
selection on my multimeter and place one probe on the 30 wire.  Then, when
it is in the first (run) position, if I put it on the 15/54 wire I should
get continuity, but NOT get continuity on the 50 wire.

Then, when I turn the key to the "start" position, keeping one probe on the
30 wire, I should get continuity on the 50 wire and NOT get continuity on
the 15/54 wire.  Is that right?

Thanks,

Dan
'67 Square, Stanley
if you want to see some pics of Stanley, I just barely put them up on
http://www.hoopes.net/dan/square/before.html
and
http://www.hoopes.net/dan/square/after.html

Daniel M. Hoopes