From: Greg Merritt [mailto:gregm@vwtype3.org]
Sent: 30 November 2003 15:41
To: type3@vwtype3.org
Subject: [T3] camping trip

	We took a short camping trip in the '69 Squareback over the
holiday.  A nice drive of about 30 miles to a park on an isolated
inland mountain (Mt. Diablo) which tops out at just under 4,000 feet
at the summit.

	Alas, I still have not officially overnighted with the
sleep-in extenders!  We were three (plus our gear) and there was a
little bit of rain, so we slept in the tent and the food etc. stayed
in the car.

	I took a couple of car pictures, of course:

http://69squareback.nannynannybooboo.com/2003diablo/2003diablo.html

(Click on small pictures for larger versions.)  First two with bags &
rolls & tent on the roof rack, third taken at night.  It was
beginning to rain as we were packing up, so I didn't bother with the
rack -- just crammed everything in the back (at the expense of the
rear window view).  Nice to have all that space!

-Greg