Re: [T3] Injector interchangability?

On 30 Nov 2003 at 21:57, BOB2TYPE3S@aol.com wrote:

> I was a little concerned about just this when he said he was going to 2110. I
> think his biggest problem will be air flow to the heads, as the inlet pipes
> and air mixer box will be a restriction on that large of an engine. I think the
> injectors will flow enough fuel, but getting enough air will be the problem.

I would think that the individual air runners would be big enough, because they
just have to serve one cylinder apiece. Compare this to the manifold on a
single carb type 1 where there is a pipe of about the same size that feeds 4
cylinders.

I agree that the injectors are probably not the weak point, but I still suspect
that the circuitry that drives them will max out before it gets to full output.

--
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org