Re: [T3] Distributor questions

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Seaton" <mark.seaton2@ntlworld.com>

> I will check this today.

Good news! There was absolutely nothing wrong with the vac can and I think
the dizzy is fine in general. I have no idea what was going on last night
but I think that I was reading my tacho wrong and it was actually running at
about 2000rpm so I guess 30 odd deg would be expected?

Anyway I think I may have cracked it , and to boot I hope it might solve my
poor mpg figures that I'm always going on about.! (fingers crossed)

I checked the timing again and decided that I was a bit too advanced- about
8 or 9 deg at idle (instead  of 7.5 by the book). Bearing in mind that I'm
running unleaded and I've heard you should retard for it, and given that
when I filled up with the super duper unleaded that the engine ran really
noticeably better, I set it to about 5 deg. I have just been driving round
town and can say that it is a totally different drive! Smooth, powerful,
torquy and quiet- I hope it lasts!

I guess I was just on the limit of being too advanced and pinking before,
and depending on fuel quality and/or atmospheric pressure, it would either
run well or poorly- often changing from am to pm.

Mark