RE: [T3] Mmmmm Brake light switches!

> have to replace them every couple of years at the best. Bob
> Hoover has figured
> out a way to switch his brake lights with a microswitch on
> the pedal side of
> things.

This would be a good way to go.  All new cars have microswitches for brake
lights.  Faster response, not dependent on system pressure, cheaper, easier
maintenance, etc, etc...  They do still have pressure switches, but they are
for diagnostics and warning of system problems, not for activating the brake
lights.

THe Type 3 has an advantage over the type 1s for mounting a microswitch.  We
have the cover plate that the pedals poke through.  This might be a
convenient place to mount the microswitch and it would protect it from being
kicked and would minimize the dirt and water exposure seen by the switch.

I have been thinking about this for Sophy for a while.  May be a good winter
project during the 12V conversion.

Later,
John Jaranson
'71 FI Auto Fasty (Jane)