RE: check out this Fastback

> > I was planning to use a set of manifolds off a late model with the twin
> > balance pipes, mount the injectors in place of the pipes so they inject
> > pretty much down the valves, using the Bosch Green (?) injectors from a
Golf
> > (Rabbit) G60 I think, as they were also reportedly fitted to lots of the
> > bigger BMW's, a common sight in UK breakers.
> >
> > I was looking at using some of the stock FI parts, but it seems as if
they
> > are not as easy to get hold of here in the UK as they are over in the
USA.

> Okay, I understand. I would think that type 3 intake runners and intake
air
> distributor would make a really good start on this. All of them would bolt
> right on and fit perfectly, leaving you everything you needed to make your
> adaptations. The intake air distributor comes with a throttle plate which
you
> could use, or remove, as you choose. If you used it, running the throttle
cable
> would be simple, which is always a nice thing which some people never
think of
> until last.

The other benefit is that the bentley manual tells me were to bolt
everything
to on a stock system, no making custom brackets etc ;)

I see what you're saying, it probarbly would be easier, but are stock
FI parts 'big' enough to flow enough air/fuel for a 2110cc motor, possibly
with a Turbo (possibly even Nitrous), as that was my other reason for after
market
stuff. For that kind of motor most people are looking at massive carbs, I
assume the FI throttle plate/body and so on would have to be just as big.
People would normally put 48IDA's on an engine that size, which (correct
me if I'm wrong) is (PI * ((48/2)^2)) * 4 square mm of inlet air. What size
is the throttle plate on a stock FI system ?
Do you think stock parts would be big enough not to choke the engine at high
revs?

> You could just bolt in any of the D-Jetronic injectors, and I THINK
(anyone
> know for sure) that the L-Jetronic injectors would fit equally well.

Again, I'm not sure if they flow enough fuel, I'm told that I need like
300cc/min
flow rates, I'm sure this is massive compared to a standard D/L-jet
injector.

> If old rusty dirty, but perfectly functional, parts are acceptable I can
sell
> you a set quite cheaply and I don't think they would be very heavy, so
shipping
> might be reasonable. The worst part might be waiting for the boat to
arrive,
> because these are bulky enough that you'd have to do surface mail to keep
it
> economical.

If you think they're going to be appropriate then I might well take you up
on
that, the rest of the car is old, rusty and dirty so clean is not a priority
!

Let me see if I can source any in the UK first, don't want to have to ship
stuff 5000 miles if I don't need to !

Cheers mate,
Chris