Re: [T3] HP Figures 65-73 (was carb conversion)

<x-flowed>Aaron-
I have one of Jakes 2056 engines and I am VERY happy with it except for one thing, the gas mileage! The figures that you quote from his website (http://www.aircooledtechnology.com/Home_Page.htm) are not speaking about Type 3's, but about Type 1's. I was really looking forward to better figures as well but because of the space limitations both our carb manifolds and our carb air filters have to be dramatically shortened. This combined with a few smaller factors greatly reduces the mpg that the same engine would get otherwise. I went from my stock FI getting around 26-33 mpg to now getting 16-19 mpg! Granted it is amazing to drive now, but what expense? I'm thinking of raising the rear deck to accommodate the full size manifolds, but that isn't looking too easy or fun. Check out more at a small site that I did about the conversion at: www.wilsonwebb.com/vw.html

Peace - Wilson 2.0 69'Square

"Which brings me to another question... Jake Raby talks of averaging 35mpg on his Type IV engine recently...
What follows are generalities that make me think maybe I should eventually get a Type III that someone's
already taken the FI off (knowing it's heresy to do so myself :) ) and drop in a Type IV:"