Re: [T3] FI tank on a carbed engine

On 26 Aug 2003 at 13:31, D. & L. Walters wrote:

> Hey everyone, got a question. I have a FI late model tank for my carbed Notch. I tapped
> and plugged the return on the bottom of the tank for the electric fuel pump, now what
> should I do with the port on the driver side rear of the tank that I am pretty sure once
> had the charcoal cannister tubing attached to it. I have the vent hooked up that exits
> the inlet overflow pipe and goes up and over the firewall and exits at the driver side
> fenderwell, so venting isn't an issue.

I think this port was originally used to connect up to the up-and-over vent via
a tiny Tee high on the Left side, before the vent line dropped down and forward
to exit the car. I don't really know why it is there, but I think there is a
photo of all this in the Bentley somewhere.

--
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org