Re: [T3] Headliner questions

> With all the fenders, hood and trunk off and the windows out, the car
> looks more like a car bomb went off than a restoration!

Talking of  bombs, seeing the old Beetle caught up in the bombing outside the UN
HQ in Bagdhad this week reminded me of a UK Fastback that was blown up by an IRA
bomb at some barracks near London many years ago.  One of the other cars in the
carpark was blown into the air and landed on the Fastback.  Despite being
somewhat mis-shapen, they were able to repair the Fastback and for all I know it
may still
be on the road.  They called it 'Semtex', after the explosive in the bomb.  It's
a tribute to the strength of the Type 3 that it was repairable.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/
------