Re: [T3] Nose Cone Mount?????????????

 anthony&rhonda wrote:

> We have a 1969 A/T Squareback.  When at an idle the engine rumbles so loud
> that it appears as if it is going to rumble right on out of the car.  The
> problem is solved if you put it into neutral.  We had the engine looked over
> and compression checked and it was fine.  A mechanic friend suggested that
> it could possibly be something called a nose cone engine mount.  He checked
> the other mounts and said they appeared to have been recently replaced.
> Although I positively remember the "cone mount," part, I am not sure if
> "nose" was the word in front of it.

I would think that if the front trans "nose " mount were going bad, you would
be having shifter trouble. I only say that because it would be trying to
fall. I never really looked at the 2 cars I have here with AT, but I thought
somebody in the NW had one fail. I think it was before Parma? These mounts are made
of unobtainium, and I think Leon had one fail too, but he did something to
fix his. I just don't remember what it was.

Bob 65 Notch S w/ Sunroof
       69 Square AT-the baby suburban