[T3] pressure gage calibration (kinda long for me)

One of the listee's sent me his fuel pressure gage for calibration
check. I thought I would post the results to the list. This was a new
hardware store varity gage, not an expensive one. The master gage was
calibrated on 7-24-03.

his gage:	master digital gage
10 psi		8.98
20 psi		18.43
30 psi		27.99
40 psi		37.88
50 psi		47.48
60 psi		57.12
70 psi		67.88
80 psi		78.30
90 psi		88.67
100 psi		98.84

This gage does not seem to be too bad for a hardware store gage.
While I was at it, I thought I would check my own gage that I have been
using for the past 30 years. Mine is a 0-60 psi gage. I found that at 30
psi on my gage, I got a reading of 26.23 psi on the master gage. Almost
4 psi off. Luckily, I set my fuel pressure at 32 psi, which means that I
was actually at 28 psi, still within range.
I then went to our tool crib at work, and got 2 brand new medium quality
gages. The first one was off by almost 1.5 psi at 30 psi. The other was
only off by .5 psi.
Just some info to pass along. At least I know where I am at now.
And if anyone else wants their gage checked, I do it for just the
postage. I will not try and recalibrate them, as most gages are not
designed to be calibrated until you get up into the $100 price range.

--
Russ Wolfe
'66 FB MT