Re: [T3] red wire on + terminal on battery

On 18 Aug 2003 at 8:12, Rustad, James R wrote:

> I have got an extremely mickey mouse connection
> involving a medium sized red wire coming off
> the positive terminal of the battery and going
> over to a metal box in the vicinity of the regulator
> that I am guessing might have something to
> do with supplying power to the fuel injection system.
>
> Right now there is a thickish prong of unknown sex on this wire
> which is wedged into the collar of the main + wire
> coming off the battery.  But the thing is so thick
> that there is not very good contact on the main + connection.

That red wire used to have a 5/16" ring lug on the battery end and this lug
went under the nut on the + battery clamp. The other end feeds the FI main
power relay, so this is where all the FI power comes from, except for the fuel
pump, which gets its power from the fuse box.

--
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org