Re: [T3] Withdrawal Symptoms

On Sun, 2003-08-17 at 14:45, BOB2TYPE3S@aol.com wrote:
> Russ wrote:
> >So now we know, It was Bob welding in the garage that caused the power
> >outage of 2003. :=)
>
> That last 9 seconds was also when the welder was running like crap too. The
> next day it was fine, so I don't think I took out the grid. I mean I only
> needed about 5 more minutes to be done welding for the day. The floors of my type3
> are basically done now, even got some primer on them while trying to conserve
> on the electricity, due to warnings of rolling black outs. I shut off all
> unnecessary lights and the fan too, just so I wouldn't overload the grid. :D The
> time off from not having any power did however allow me to think about other
> things on my type3 that I'm working on. I'm just trying to get the metal work
> done (rust removal, and changes) this summer. I'll probably put the trans in
> this week, along with the drive axles, and then work on the lights. I still have
> to put the motor together, but I'm kinda waiting on it as I like to put it
> together and then run it, as opposed to putting it together and letting it sit
> (the engine).

I finally got all the pieces together for my '66 engine. Heads are done,
P&C's are ringed and honed, case is inserted and cleaned, and the rods
are checked. My Bearings came from The Parts Bin, and then the clutch
went out of my truck and I have had to work on that. :( I would rather
work on a VW any day as Detroit Iron.

--
Russ Wolfe
'66 FB MT