Re: [T3] Severe engine problems...?

Everyone,

        This last test drive she performed much better with very little
loss of power (although I'm pretty sure she could accelerate faster), not
counting hesitation from stops or slowing down.

        I checked the mech advance by moving the breaker plate with my
hand counterclockwise, blocked the port for the vac can, then let go of
the plate--it snapped either all the way back or very nearly, although
the vac can still made the audible 'pop' when I removed my finger.  From
what the Bentley's indicates it seems something is not quite right with
my dizzy, should I go with a new Bosch one (if so, what part number?), or
get it rebuilt?

        Also, when I was attempting to time her correctly I ran into some
difficulties, most likely related to the faulty AAR and thus hunting idle
as well as the dist problems, but I'm not sure.  When I got her to idle
in the area of 800-900--she actually oscillated between the two, on
occasion below 800--and I timed it to TDC or 5 TDC she ran worse than
when I moved the dizzy all the way counterclockwise I could.  In
addition, when at a certain location the idle smoothes out in neutral and
park, but oscillates a LOT under load, then in another location the exact
opposite occurs--for now, where should I set it?  Somewhere in the
middle?

        Could all of my problems with timing, dizzy, idle, etc. be
related to a combination of a faulty dizzy and faulty AAR?

        When I tested the voltage regulator the way you recommended to it
steadied around 13.4V while idling, and 12.5V when revving, although not
full throttle.  During the short drive before I checked the voltage she
almost stalled after I came to a complete stop then put my foot on the
accelerator, would this be related?

        With the thick wire to and from the coil I unscrewed the part
that plugs into the dizzy cap, measured resistance and got ~1000 ohms.  I
then checked that part that goes into the dizzy by itself and got
infinite resistance.  I also checked the color of the spark from the
coil, and it is a dark orange--both with my new OEM coil and the old
Bosch blue.  New wire in order, or is this related to something else I've
mentioned?

        I'll wait to ask for information about cooling, unless it can
relate to the problems I'm encountering--let me know.

Sincerely,
Christopher J. Valade