Re: trouble in paradise

>Did you lose your fan belt?

No, it's still on there.  Last year, I was rear-ended and something got
broken and shoved into the fan and got chewed up.  It's possible that
there is (was?) still a piece of something in there.

>Are there any signs that something, like
>the belt or cover got thrown around and
>chewed up in the pulley housing?

It's possible that the cover may have been.  I couldn't find it, and
assumed it had dropped out onto the highway.  I'll take a better look in
the morning, altho I didn't see anything in there.  I did see shiny
scratch marks on the fan pulley, like something gouged it.

>There's not much motion in the vac
>advance since you also have mech
>advance, which he may not have been
>aware of.

I thought he might be wrong about that, because whe I did the points a
few monhs ago, there wasn't much movement and the car ran fine.  He's a
bug guy.

>Are you FI or carbs?

71 FI AT

>OTOH, one sign of one that needs to be
>replaced is that it doesn't contract back to
>its original short size when it cools down.

OK, I'll look at it when it's cool.  It was still hot when I looked
today.

>I think the first thing you need is a second
>opinion.

Love one---what do you think is going on?  Weird the way it happened so
suddenly.

Lori