Re: [T3] an update and new q

On 11 Aug 2003 at 9:30, Kurt Nolte wrote:

> The biggest of these is a slight "lunging" whenever I throttle up fairly
> high. It's really only obvious when I'm running full tilt, but I can
> feel it at other times. It almost feels like the engine's power dips
> for a moment, then is back, then dips again a few seconds later, and so
> on. We(myself and my father) think that this is most likely caused by a
> clogged fuel filter. Does this sound reasonable?

A quick dip in fuel pressure would not be noticed by the carb, since it
wouldn't be long enough to allow for a change in the fuel level in the float
bowl.

If you lost fuel pressure for an extended time, then the fuel level could fall
slowly, leading to a progressively weaker engine until the pressure came back
and refilled the float bowl.

Just keep in mind that the carb fuel output depends on the level of fuel in the
bowl, not the fuel pressure fed to the float valve.