Re: [T3] rebuild woes

> > It was running pretty rough, so I wiggled the FI MPC plugs, and
> > got it eventually to hit a decent idle, though it was still popping a
bit.

> > Then while I was driving over to my local mechanic for some peer review,
> > the oil light started to flicker at low idle.  So I stopped the car and
used
> > up a few AAA points, and had it towed over to the shop, where it now
sits.

> A flicker at low idle is kinda normal on some air cooled VW's. My '71
> does it after a long drive.

> On Sun, 2003-08-10 at 10:30, Rustad, James R wrote:
> > I got the engine fired up yesterday...no leaks this time, but:
> >
> > It was running pretty rough, so I wiggled the FI MPC plugs, and
> > got it eventually to hit a decent idle, though it was still popping a
bit.

> > Then while I was driving over to my local mechanic for some peer review,
> > the oil light started to flicker at low idle.  So I stopped the car and
used
> > up a few AAA points, and had it towed over to the shop, where it now
sits.

> A flicker at low idle is kinda normal on some air cooled VW's. My '71
> does it after a long drive.

Yes it is, under certain conditions, the primary one being after a long
drive as russ indicates. If the air temperature is hot (+90F) and it will be
more likely to happen. It should not happen though if the air temp is cool,
and or you havent been on a long highway drive.

Drake Lawson
72 Square "Ginger" Stock
63 Bug "Christine" Darkside