[T3] Central Ohio VW Show

We had 5 type 3's (2 squares, 2 Fasty's, 1 Notch), one in spirit (John J.
came but Sophy didn't) and one Type 34 at the Central Ohio show this past
weekend.  There were 5 show cars and one rotten engine-less Square in the
sale area.  It was a nice day for the show with great weather.

I picked up a late model roof rack.  I don't even think I'll use it since I
don't want to drill the holes, but for $10 I could not pass it up.  Maybe I
will use something to temporarily install it, just for looks not for
actually carrying stuff?  Or maybe someone else will need it. I also bought
one of those 1:18 scale Mini Champs late model Square's.  My Square could
use the money put into it, but I couldn't pass it up, they are so cool. My
wife said she would make it my B-day present.  And when winter comes I can
use it as inspiration to keep me going until spring ;)

With only 4 cars in the Type 3 class, I just missed placing :(  I think it
is a conspiracy.  The 65 Notch that came in third only stayed for half the
show and did not have any interior?  And checking the Samba today for pics
of the show, there's the 68 fasty there's the 67 fasty but no orange Square?
It's a conspiracy, I tell you.

Oh well, I will just have to work harder ;)

BTW, the two fasty's there were for sale.  The one was very nice and the
owner just past away this summer he was 87 and had the car since 1980.  His
family was there trying to sell it. So if anyone is looking for a nice
original 68 Fastback M FI in Ohio.  I can probably but you in touch with
them. I also have some pics if needed.

Jason Smith
71 Square FI AT
Columbus, OH USA