Re: [T3] Squareback headliner install

On 10 Aug 2003 at 17:13, Jacob Schroeder wrote:

> I do have one more question... I ordered the headliner kit from JBugs
> that was supposedly for sunroof models, is there supposed to be a cutout
> in the main piece, or I am supposed to cut the hole out?  When I say
> main piece I mean the one that runs down the center of the roof.  What
> extra steps do I need to perform for installing the headliner on a
> sunroof square?  Anybody have any tips/advice?

They probably leave the hole to be cut out by you so that it can be in exactly
the right place. The main difference to them between the sunroof headliners and
the non-sunroof headliners is the different number and spacing between the
headliner support bows.

Look at your old headliner carefully as you take it out and note how it is cut,
trimmed and glued. Work slowly and carefully. Measure twice and cut once.