Re: [T3] Severe engine problems...?

        Because of Drake pointing out that there actually is something
which unites cylinders #2 and 4 I finally checked the injectors while
trying to start the car--neither 2 or 4 sprayed.

        I got the trigger contacts out and I have some concerns, but
first, how do I test them?  Is it terminal 21 on the trigger contacts
that connects to injectors #2 and 4?  Does the following sound like it
could be causing my problem: the contact on 21 is a dark red while 22 is
dark blue; the center round part which would touch the distributor shaft,
and the little point that makes and breaks contact, is worn down for 21,
at least in comparison with 22.

        I've got VW# 311 905 205 AB and Bosch# 0 231 163 008; what Bosch#
is best to replace this with?

        As regards the resistance measurements, I'll try to explain more
clearly what I was testing--I apologize but I'm not familiar with many of
the names.  I pulled the wire off of the SP and with the brown piece
still on (is this the SP connector?) I would test from there to either
the part that plugs into the dist cap, or to the copper prongs inside the
dist cap.  Also, those copper prongs are semicircles and then get
wider--after a 90 degree change on the flat part of the semicircle--and
become full cylinders.  I hope that helps=)

Sincerely,
Christopher J. Valade

1970 Squareback (AT, FI, w/1972 originally dual carb engine) -- Rosie