From: Kurt Nolte [mailto:rockclimbre241@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, August 08, 2003 5:28 PM
To: vwt3list
Subject: [T3] A few Q's

Well, I've got a new generator coming in in the
morning; hopefully that will banish the little red
light of doom. I've checked the right side of the case
quite thoroughly, from top to bottom. There is a
milled flat spot just to the right of the split in the
case, I assume that this is the area that the number
would normally be, and there is nothing there. As soon
as I figure out how to use my personal webspace on the
school server, I'll post pictures so that you all will
have some visuals to go by in helping me out. I know
from experience that a picture can actually be worth
more that a thousand words.
Now, on to the questions.
First, if my case is in fact a universal case, is
there any way that it could be converted to FI
reasonably? or would I be better off swapping cases?
Second, I need to know if anyone on the list has a
full set of heat system hoses. I need the ones that go
to the heat exchangers from the fan shroud and also
the ones that go to the cabin from the exchangers.
Mine are gone, I assume rotted away, as there is a
little bit of one of them left on my exchangers.
Third: is there a way to use a modern AC pump with the
old underdash unit? If so, is there one that the list
recommends?
Finally, on the subject of my generator being
exceptionally hot after only a few minutes. could the
cause of this be those flaps you guys are currently
discussing? How would I check these to see if they're
good?

Well, thanks all
-Kurt
'71 AT Square, "Tyria" -the real "mystery machine"