Re: [T3] A few Q's

On 8 Aug 2003 at 14:27, Kurt Nolte wrote:

> Well, I've got a new generator coming in in the
> morning; hopefully that will banish the little red
> light of doom. I've checked the right side of the case
> quite thoroughly, from top to bottom. There is a
> milled flat spot just to the right of the split in the
> case, I assume that this is the area that the number
> would normally be, and there is nothing there.

This could also be a case converted from a Beetle. Can you see a Beetle
dipstick tube coming up from the space behind the case just to the right of the
breather box

> First, if my case is in fact a universal case, is
> there any way that it could be converted to FI
> reasonably? or would I be better off swapping cases?

A universal case could be set up any way you like.

> Second, I need to know if anyone on the list has a
> full set of heat system hoses. I need the ones that go
> to the heat exchangers from the fan shroud and also
> the ones that go to the cabin from the exchangers.
> Mine are gone, I assume rotted away, as there is a
> little bit of one of them left on my exchangers.

The ones at the rear originally consisted of a steel U and some connection
pieces. See ch 3, fig 5.1, items 24-27 in the Bentley manual.

> Finally, on the subject of my generator being
> exceptionally hot after only a few minutes. could the
> cause of this be those flaps you guys are currently
> discussing? How would I check these to see if they're
> good?

This question just came up and I just posted to feel thru the hole under the
generator to find what the flaps are doing. Perhaps you remember the details of
that post.