Re: [T3] i might start crying....

On 6 Aug 2003 at 21:46, janina wrote:

> took the engine cover off, nothing looks out of the
> ordinary. no oil mess except for around the cap and i
> checked the oil and there's enough in there but it's
> kind of dirty. i just had a thorough oil change in
> march. i don't drive it every single day, mainly on
> the weekends and even then i barely take her out, so i
> don't think it's due for an oil change just yet.

If it's leaking oil you just have to look at where the oil is dripping and try
to figure out where it is coming from. Especially in the case of a sudden leak
it is likely that there is a clear and straightforward cause, which may be
either difficult or trivial to get at and correct.

> it starts, but it sounds rough and something sounds
> loose. it's making a kind of thumping noise?? i can't
> describe it but to me it sounds like something is
> loose.

This doesn't sound good, but it may also be that you're just listening harder
than you have in the past and are noticing noises that were always there.

I like to use a long screwdriver to listen to the internal sounds in the
engine. Place the blunt end in your ear and the tip on various parts of the
engine. You can actually hear different noises made by different parts.