Re: [T3] Lots of smoke

> Stick your finger in the IAD and touch the bottom.
> Your finger should come out
> dirty, but it should not have dipped into a puddle
> of anything. Is there a
> puddle there?

yes there is a puddle of what looks like a mix of oil
and gas...mostly oil.

> I'm still thinking that you might have filled the
> IAD, or one of the intake
> runners, with oil from the breather or the air
> filter when you turned the
> engine upside down.

When i turned the engine over before the
FI/intake/exshaust and fanshroud was not installed....
the only thing that oil was coming out of was the
breather pipe and the dipstick tube.

> > How can you tell the difference between the wire
> for
> > the cold start injector and the temp sensor 2 that
> is
> > located on the Int. Air dist.? it seems one of
> them
> > was cut but i am not sure which one because they
> both
> > have the 2 pin connector.
>
> Can you tell where the wires go? Both temp sensor
> wires go to the brain, but
> neither CSV wire does. If the wires were cut close
> to the connector there would
> still be a number printed on the wire which you
> could look up on the wiring
> diagram for the FI in your bentley manual.

oh ok i thought the csv was connected to the brain, so
it should be in the main wiring harness?

The connection that i have hooked up the the IAD (temp
sensor 2) is a 2 pin connection.

the wires that were cut also comes out of the main
"bulk" of the harness at the same point that the 2 pin
connector to IAD comes out. (same point where the
throttle switch conenctor comes out) the wires were
cut to short i cant read any numbers on the wires, if
i cut into the harness would i be able to find the
numbers? or would the easiest way to find out is to
remove the cover to the brain and use a VM to find
each individual wire?

I just checked if there was oil in the IAD and there
was a puddle I wiped it all out then started her up
she still smoked but not as much. I when she was
running and immediatlly after i checked the injectors
and they are really dry, a little excess oil on the
heads but it was already there (possibly from the air
cleaner when i spilled it earlier this week) the leak
is definately not coming from the injectors because
after running it for a minute or so there is a puddle
underneath the pass. side tin again about 8-10 inches
across. (on cardboard i have underneath) After i
turned her off I rechecked the IAD for oil and there
was a tiny bit but it seemed to only go into the IAD
about an inch and didnt seem to go into the "BODY" of
the IAD.

The onlyother possible place it could be leaking from
is the pressure regualtor it was already leaking
before but ive tightened up all the
clamps....otherwise it is also dripping off the
breather pipe and the dipstick pipe.... thanks so much
again.

Heather