Re: [T3] Lots of smoke

Ok I installed the 71 "c" pressure sensor and
connection to the IAD. Ive rechecked all my fuel lines
i guess the cold start was line was leaking and so was
the pressure regulator line. So, the smoke is still
the same. I even took out a little oil in my air
cleaner because there is no red line and i figured i
had put to much in....still doesnt help. And after its
done running for a few minutes (filling the
neighborhod with smoke) There seems to be a gas/oil
mixture dripping from the pass. side heater box
tin...(coming from somewhere above, nto srue maybe the
breather pipe?)I still have no clue as to what this
might be....

Also after i ran it for a few minutes i rechecked
everything took off the air cleaner and noticed that
inside the IAD there was a mixture of gas and a little
oil on the outside of the throttle butterfly....I
cleaned it out and again after i had ran if for a
little while I took it off and there it was again,
even after i unhooked my cold start inj. (wires and
fuel line)...and tightened my pressure reg. line

I even put my hand over the one of the tail pies (dual
quiet pack) and the motor seemed to die, but it is
already running like shit does this mean i have a
exaust leak?

Would it make a differnce if not all my vacuum lines
were hooked up? most of them are, there are the ones
that go to the charcoal filter that arent hooked up
and in the indiots guide they say there are more
conenctions than there really is...ridiculous...There
are a few connections on the air cleaner that i am not
sure where they go?

also on another note when i try to give it more gas it
hesitates and seems to not want to increase rpm's.
could i have the injector connections mixed up?

How can you tell the difference between the wire for
the cold start injector and the temp sensor 2 that is
located on the Int. Air dist.? it seems one of them
was cut but i am not sure which one because they both
have the 2 pin connector.

>> When i took this engine out it ran great with this
FI
>> setup. It was sitting for a 2 years and when i
>> exchanged the flex plate and flywheel and getting
>>everything prepped I ended up tipping it in its side
>> and upside down to get to everything (fan shroud,
oil
>> sump etc.) could this have gotten oil in unknown
>> places that would burn excessively?

>Sure, was the air cleaner on there when you did this?
That could have
>filled
>lots of stuff with oil. Otherwise, I'd expect any oil
that got out to
>burn off
>in a few minutes.

the air cleaner was not on when i was doing this....I
completely cleaned the case, heater boxes, heads etc.
of excess oil

>When you changed the flex plate did you recheck and
reshim the crank
>end play?
>You should have.

Yes I did i had a friend help me because i had never
done this before it seemed the end play was ok after
he was done. (we also did this with the fan torqued on
the other end of the crank as so the tension would be
equal...)

>Once you get it running you should also check the
charging system
>regulating
>voltage. If this is low the FI will run rich. You
should get ~14 V
>measured at
>the battery at med rpm after a drive to warm
everything up and bring
>the
>battery up to equilibrium. If you measure less than
13.5V replace the
>voltage
>regulator with a Bosch 30-019.

I havent checked this yet but would this make it smoke
constantly?

Thanks again,
Heather