RE: [T3] 67 Ignition Switch

before anyone says anything, i think i got it.  i tried to put it all back
together and realized that i was missing parts.  after a headlamp-search of
the footwell, i found the insulating peice and spring that had me flummoxed.
so, it is all put together, but i still have a couple of questions:

1. where is the spring supposed to be that returns the key from 'start' to
'run' position?  i've never had that luxury and was hoping to kill that bird
during this rebuild.

2. my insulating piece where the three wires come into the unit is pretty
fried.  can i just solder in new wires and clean it up as best i can?  if
the red/black and black wire were shorting is there somewhere else in the
car i need to look for damage?

now that i think about it, i'm going to take some digital pix and someone
who REALLY knows how to do this can annotate and label them... any takers?

thanks,

dan
'67 Square "Stanley"

Daniel M. Hoopes