Re: [T3] Do you smoke crack?

On 5 Aug 2003 at 0:45, Per Lindgren wrote:

> Everett Barnes wrote:

> >One of my Bus friends had the lugnuts back off on
> >him soon after powdercoating when it wore off from road vibrations.
> >
> I have expereienced the same thing, twice! The only difference being
> that in my case, the rims werent poweder coated, just regular auto
> paint, and that none of my cars rolled over. On my square, all 4 rims
> came loose. On my 64 bug (when it was owned by my friend Jon) we lost
> the left rear wheel, but ut hung on the axle spline and rested inside
> the rear fender. No damage done in any of the two cases!

I've painted and mounted MANY (20-30) wheels, and I've never cleaned out the
bolt recesses. I also use anti-seize compound on the bolt threads. I have never
had a problem with them coming loose when I didn't want them to. I use a torque
wrench on these and I find that the paint strips off automatically when you
torque them properly, to 92 ft-lbs.