Re: [T3] Severe engine problems...?

> a while back).  Now, the disconcerting part of the oil, it had gas in it.

In a FI car, this can happen as a result of something causing a very rich
fuel mixture.  Since you already checked the pressure sensor hoses, check to
see if the pressure sensor actually holds vacuum.  If you don't want to suck
on the hose, find another way to make sure the PS will hold vacuum.

Another thing to check is the injectors for leaks.  Procedure is in Bentley.
It's not a whole lot of work, but do be careful.  You will be looking for
injectors that pee or drip excessively when the system is pressurized.

>       The spark plugs were also interesting.  They all had a small
> amount of carbon deposit (they are were changed shortly after the oil was
> 4 months ago) causing the top of each to be blackened (some worse than
> others), but not with enough carbon to really leave a residue on my

Another sign of an over-rich mixture.  Look at those injectors.  I have
heard that non-Bosch injectors can leak.

-Mark Fuhriman
 '69 Fastback