Re: [T3] seat question

On 3 Aug 2003 at 17:43, Balog Family wrote:

> can somebody enlighten me??  i know jack about interior and upholstry.  the
> seats in my '72 SQBK are in great shape.  that said, i wanna change the
> color from off white/beige to tan.  do i just get some tan seat covers?  do
> i say screw it and get new seats?  are seat covers something that'll last?
> can ghia or bug highback seats fit in a SQBK? (cause it seems everybody and
> his mom has bug and ghia interiors for sale)  any help would be appreciated!

There are a number of places who sell type 3 seat covers, and that's what you
need. Be aware that 72 was a changover year, so you have to find out which
seats you have. Early seats slide on 2 rails, late seats sit on a 3 point
mount, with one point front and center.

Be advised that this is a BIG job. New seat covers are quite hard to install,
and a shoddy job will always disappoint you in the end.

TMI and Sewfine are two places that will have type 3 seatcovers.