Re: [T3] Weber 34 ITC

Irk wrote:
>I have the twin Webers and now have the manifolds for them.
>These manifolds do not have the equalizer taps on them. I can easily
>drill and tap them if needed but, do I need to?

Yes, the single throat carbs really need the balance tube. It's for helping
the engine at both idle and at speed. Without the balance tube it will be near
impossible to get them to balance. If you're going to drill and tap them, I'd
recommend drilling and tapping them as large as you can, as this gives a
better vacuum signal and makes it easier to balance the carbs.

>Can the equalizer tubes be connected to the nozzle at the base of the
>Webers?

No, this port is TOO small.You need something at least 5/16ths inch,
preferably 3/8 ths inch.

>Where do I get the vacuum for the dizzy?

At the base of the carbs (the small port you were previously asking about),
but you might find this drilling either too large or not drilled at all, so
you'll have to experiment with it. I only say that because most of us with Webers
use either an 009 or a dual advance dizzy with the vac hose left off. We are
still trying to find out whether or not we will get the right vac signal from
these, but I do know that you shouldn't tee them together as this WILL give
the wrong signal to the dizzy. I hope this helps.

Bob 65 Notch S w/ Sunroof
       69 Squareback-AT - the baby suburban
       71 Squareback- undecided, but about to become something : )